Explore North Carolina’s great outdoors with Nantahala Outdoor Center. As the nation’s largest outdoor recreation company, NOC has led adventures since it opened in 1972. Millions of guests visit there annually to embark on a diverse collection of 120 river and land-based activities including rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, zip-lining and so much more! They even have a retail shop for you to purchase all your rafting, hiking and camping gear as well as cool souvenirs!
My family always enjoys visiting for their guided Rafting tours that take you on a trip through the Nantahala River. If you’ve never been white water rafting let me put your mind at ease. Life vests and a tour guide are provided for the duration of the trip. The only requirements are you have to be at least 7 years old and at least 60 pounds. On the ride, you encounter rock spins and thrilling white water rapids. After splashing in the river, don’t forget to collect your family photos that are located in the small gift shop where you get off. I suggest you bring a change of clothes because you will be soaked when you return from your adventure. Bathrooms and changing rooms are provided as well as other amenities. When you are all dry go to the River’s End restaurant! There you can taste delicious American favorites, including their signature hand-tossed Barn Door pizza.
If you are seeking any other information visit their website at www.noc.com
I am talking about ICE! at Gaylord Palms Resort! It is a chilling 9 degree’s of ICY Christmas Magic. Two million pounds of ice have been hand carved and are on display in this majestic Winter Wonderland (just a few miles from Walt Disney World.) Step right into the middle of some of your favorite scenes from the holiday classic A Christmas Story. Don’t forget to check out the ice slide and tubing area for some added fun. Other activities also include: photos with Santa, Elf on the Shelf Character Breakfast, Build A Bear Workshop, and the Christmas Tree Trail.
Make sure to dress warm…jeans, gloves, a sweater, and closed toe shoes. Parka is provided with ticket. This will allow you to enjoy your icy adventure to the fullest.
And PLEASE remember to be courteous to the ice by keeping your hands to yourself. If you are visiting ICE! with youngin’s keep in mind there is a height requirement for the slide. (see photo to the left) Safety is a top priority in the village. Ice! runs through January 6th.
Purchase your tickets today! Click Here
ORLANDO, Fla. – Crayola Experience has a gift for dads this Sunday: A free ticket and a day of creating unforgettable family memories. This Father’s Day, June 17, all dads will receive free admission to the family destination (with the purchase of a child’s admission.) “Families are the base of our Crayola world and dads are a huge part of that world – especially when it comes to creative development,” Marketing and Sales Manager Jackie Vasquez said. “We’re so excited to provide this small token of our appreciation, and we hope they make amazing memories that will last forever!”
Regular admission to Crayola Experience is $23.99 at the door or $20.99 online. Children under 3 are free. Annual Passes are now $30.99. Families of four can take advantage of Crayola Experience’s Annual Pass sale: 4 Annual Passes for $104. For tickets and info go to CrayolaExperience.com
The happiest 5k on earth!!! We definitely had a blast running through the color zones…4 to be exact! PLUS a bubble zone, color blast after party, and cleaning station. It is recommended to arrive early to allow time for parking. This is a very popular event and traffic gets quite heavy. Runners have the flexibility of picking up the run packet the day before the event or morning of. We chose to pick up the day before at the CHECK IN PARTY and it was as easy as 1, 2, 3 and no wait! Plus you get first dibs on all the cool race swag! Found at the COLOR RUN RACE SHOP. Make sure to have the QR code for all runners, no QR code no bib. On race day you will have the opportunity to take pictures with the best mascot ever Runicorn! This character experience was quite fun. We danced together, hugged, and jumped for joy. Super cool! ALSO, There are several photo opportunities and back drops set up for the perfect race day photos. Definitely must do before and after the race. As you maneuver through the course you will be blasted by a rainbow of colors, Our fave was pink and blue, or was it yellow, no GREEN, definitely purple and orange! I suggest you run to the far left or right of each color zone to get the most color. And have fun! WE spun around, danced, even made color angels in the color dust.
At the end we each got our very own UNICORN finishers medal.
WOOT WOOT! But Of course nothing makes the Color Run more fun then running it with family. YES! THE COLOR RUN is fun for kids of all ages. Although I have to admit we walked most of it. Simply because the course was a bit dippy and weaved in and around it self. This is the only downer. The Color Run Hero Tour Orlando was held at the Osceola Heritage Park in Kissimmee, FL and weaved in and around the grassy parking area. To ensure no one twisted their ankle we walked.
All in all a fun experience! Don’t forget to snap this iconic photo!
Thank you to my friends at THE COLOR RUN HERO TOUR 2018 for the complimentary race entries for my children and I. We had a great time and for a great cause!
From 10/07/2017 to 10/31/2017
Werewolves, witches and monsters – oh my! Spooky and colorful family fun awaits!
At Crayola Experience from October 7-31, you can create monster-rific crafts, snap spooktacular character photos, go on a themed scavenger hunt and trick or treat throughout the attraction!*
There is so much to BOO – you may never leave! All included with the price of admission.
*trick-or-treating on WEEKENDS only
Enter a world of color and magic at Crayola Experience Orlando located inside the Florida Mall; where indoor shopping and fun under the sun collide. Just past the Crayola store front ((where you can purchase the cutest Crayola Stuffies and other Crayola merchandise)) is the entrance to the Crayola Experience where you and your child can explore 26 different hands on attractions featuring your favorite Crayola colors!
Crayola Experience Orlando is one of Central Florida’s newest indoor attractions where you will find hours of fun for the entire family. Attractions include but not limited to:
- Be A Star: Kids can appear in their very own coloring page along with some of Crayola’s characters. Just like a real photobooth, making your own coloring page is as easy as pushing a button and posing. Say Macaroni & Cheese!
- Color Magic: Color a dragon or fairy and watch it come to life! Virtually control the character you just colored as it responds to your direction. See it play in a background of your choosing and don’t forget to take a selfie!
- Rainbow Rain: It’s raining, it’s pouring, this rainbow is never boring! In this interactive experience you’ll magically catch melting digital wax with your body and hands! Watch as your shadow shapes the brightly-colored droplets in this digital marvel that you control!
- Melt and Mold: Wouldn’t it be cool to create a ring, shark, car or seahorse souvenir out of crayon wax? Making one is simple at Melt & Mold! Just load your favorite crayon color into the machine and watch your crayon melt into a Crayola Experience keepsake!
- Drip Art: This is a new spin on a timeless classic! Load a fresh crayon into the Drip Art machine and watch it melt and drip crayon wax onto your paper as it spins (you control the speed) to create a swirly-whirly masterpiece.
- Meltdown: Welcome to an experience where you can take in the aroma of one of the world’s most recognizable scents. Use melted wax to paint in a whole new way! Choose from a variety of melted crayon colors to create wax art on paper.
- Rockin Paper: Bring your craft center stage in this multi-sensory experience that puts your art in the spotlight – literally! Watch as your personalized paper creation turns, bops and rocks to the music. It’s a new show every time!
- Wrap it Up: Cornflower, Atomic Tangerine, Purple Mountain’s Majesty, Shocking Pink…what’s your favorite Crayola color name? At Wrap It Up!, you can personalize and print an authentic Crayola crayon label, wrap it around your crayon, and create your own unique Crayola crayon! (cost: 1 token)
The Crayola Experience is fun for kids of all ages, just perfect for children ages 2-5. The highlight of our visit was WRAP IT UP. It was fun to come up with new names for classic colors we have grown to love. I would like to see this exhibit offer guests the opportunity to design a unique color with an option to swirl colors and add glitter for an extra sparkle. All in all I give Crayola Experience two cherries on top for being a great place to discover the magic, let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines, and to play, explore, and learn.