This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!!!
So of course you need to dress up in the spookiest Minnie Ears that ever did bewitch the Kingdom!
Well, BOO to YOU! Here is this season’s most spine tingling (yet super cute) Minnie Ears from some of my favorite small shops on ETSY.
1. 3-D Spooky Web Minnie Ears from Space Travelears ($35.00): Get tangled up in the most magical spider webs ever spun. Designed with a flexible headband these ears are perfect for adults and children. Made with a filament on a 3-D printer the ears are light weight and incredibly sturdy. They will not bend! Toss them in your park bag or bump them when getting in or out of the car (like me…I do this all the time!) and the ear maintains its shape. Other designs available on Etsy. Stay tuned for a future post featuring The VHS and The Movies Minnie ears from Space Travelears.
2. Candy Pumpkin Ears from Shiny Sky Rainbows: Decadent and oh so sweet, these ears are the perfect treat! Made with purple and green satin ribbon swirled like a lollipop and topped off with two little pumpkins. Next shop opening: 10/21/2017
3. Halloween Mouse Ears from Pop Creative Designs ($18): These ears add a touch of pizazz to any Candy Witch Costume. Made with black and silver metallic spiderweb fabric and adorned with a sparkly orange bow. The ears are filled with polyfil for that soft yet firm Minnie ear shape.
4. Haunted Mansion Inspired Ears from Girl Power Creations: You may be a foolish mortal, but you will feel like lucky number one thousand. Because there is always room for one more! These ears are crafted with black and grey damask fabric; trimmed with black beads and finished with a ghostly green satin laced bow.
From our home to yours…Have a Ghastful Halloween!
I am so excited to share today’s feature with ya’ll. Simply because the world we live in can use a bit of boisterous jubilee. Allow me to introduce you to Cheery Human Studios; a lighthearted tee shop on ETSY that will make you grin from ear to ear. Kristina ((graphic designer and shop owner)) was raised in California by her mother and aunt in a quaint, yet very happy home. As a young girl she aspired to pursue a career in music; little did she know that one day she would warm the souls of the world through her art. Kristina’s designs are created with the intent to encourage others and spread happiness – because how can you not feel an abundance of joy when you see a magical fandom or cute kitty cat dubbed with a fantastical quote?
Kristina uses a variety of mediums when creating her hand drawn designs; such as markers, paint, and pen. She then digitizes the art making it easier to print. Her designs can be printed on just about anything- a keychain, makeup bag, pin, sticker or tee. Interested in a custom? Feel free to contact Kristina and she will happily design something unique just for you!
I just love the bright, bold illustrations and the sometimes sassy sayings. You just can’t help but squeal with glee when you read them. She also has a great Disney line available that is just perfect for any Disney Fan like myself. Check out the Daily Ghost Tours and Main Street Resident Tee’s.
I can’t help but feel joyous and bright when I wear her tee shirt designs. I adore the fact that I am spreading good cheer to others.
Cheery Human Studios is changing the world one smile at a time with style.
Here is a fun DIY costume that is super easy to throw together (((last minute even))) and perfect for Halloween!
It’s Darla that scary girl who unintentionally kills FISH! She is the first female Pixar villain and so underrated that we thought we would shine the spotlight on her this ghoulish season.
Everything you need for this costume can be found around the house.
*purple shirt *blue, pink, and gold glitter *fabric glue *Elmer’s glue
*plaid skirt or denim shorts (we improvised and used denim shorts)
*print out of “Rock n Roll Girl” graphic on cardstock
*brown metallic eyeliner *gray or white pipe cleaner
*two pigtail holders * two bobby pins *knee high socks *plastic fish
*Ziploc bags *clear hair gel and water *scissors
First things first:
The shirt: Cut out the Rock n Roll Girl print following the black bold lines to keep the shape of the graphic. Glue glitter with the Elmer’s glue onto the letters for that added sparkle. Blue glitter on Rock and Roll, pink glitter on the letter n and Girl, and gold glitter on the star. When this dries glue the graphic onto the shirt using the fabric glue. Make sure to place a piece of cardboard inside the shirt to keep from gluing the fabric together. Place a heavy book over the graphic to keep it flat while drying.
The fish in the bag: Drop your plastic fishy into the Ziploc bag. Fill a quarter of the bag with hair gel and top off with tap water. Just a little over a quarter, not too much water because you will need to tie the bag shut. The hair gel makes the water look under the sea bubbly.
The hair and makeup: Darla hair is easy. Make two pigtails and secure. Darla is a young girl and she doesn’t wear makeup; use the metallic brown eyeliner to add freckles on your nose and just under the eyes. She has lots of freckles! Shape the pipe cleaner and position around the mouth like headgear. Tuck the ends of the pipe cleaner behind ears and secure with bobby pins.
Slip on your bottoms, socks, and shoes and your ready to go!
Happy Fall, my friends!
From 10/07/2017 to 10/31/2017
Werewolves, witches and monsters – oh my! Spooky and colorful family fun awaits!
At Crayola Experience from October 7-31, you can create monster-rific crafts, snap spooktacular character photos, go on a themed scavenger hunt and trick or treat throughout the attraction!*
There is so much to BOO – you may never leave! All included with the price of admission.
*trick-or-treating on WEEKENDS only
Enter a world of color and magic at Crayola Experience Orlando located inside the Florida Mall; where indoor shopping and fun under the sun collide. Just past the Crayola store front ((where you can purchase the cutest Crayola Stuffies and other Crayola merchandise)) is the entrance to the Crayola Experience where you and your child can explore 26 different hands on attractions featuring your favorite Crayola colors!
Crayola Experience Orlando is one of Central Florida’s newest indoor attractions where you will find hours of fun for the entire family. Attractions include but not limited to:
- Be A Star: Kids can appear in their very own coloring page along with some of Crayola’s characters. Just like a real photobooth, making your own coloring page is as easy as pushing a button and posing. Say Macaroni & Cheese!
- Color Magic: Color a dragon or fairy and watch it come to life! Virtually control the character you just colored as it responds to your direction. See it play in a background of your choosing and don’t forget to take a selfie!
- Rainbow Rain: It’s raining, it’s pouring, this rainbow is never boring! In this interactive experience you’ll magically catch melting digital wax with your body and hands! Watch as your shadow shapes the brightly-colored droplets in this digital marvel that you control!
- Melt and Mold: Wouldn’t it be cool to create a ring, shark, car or seahorse souvenir out of crayon wax? Making one is simple at Melt & Mold! Just load your favorite crayon color into the machine and watch your crayon melt into a Crayola Experience keepsake!
- Drip Art: This is a new spin on a timeless classic! Load a fresh crayon into the Drip Art machine and watch it melt and drip crayon wax onto your paper as it spins (you control the speed) to create a swirly-whirly masterpiece.
- Meltdown: Welcome to an experience where you can take in the aroma of one of the world’s most recognizable scents. Use melted wax to paint in a whole new way! Choose from a variety of melted crayon colors to create wax art on paper.
- Rockin Paper: Bring your craft center stage in this multi-sensory experience that puts your art in the spotlight – literally! Watch as your personalized paper creation turns, bops and rocks to the music. It’s a new show every time!
- Wrap it Up: Cornflower, Atomic Tangerine, Purple Mountain’s Majesty, Shocking Pink…what’s your favorite Crayola color name? At Wrap It Up!, you can personalize and print an authentic Crayola crayon label, wrap it around your crayon, and create your own unique Crayola crayon! (cost: 1 token)
The Crayola Experience is fun for kids of all ages, just perfect for children ages 2-5. The highlight of our visit was WRAP IT UP. It was fun to come up with new names for classic colors we have grown to love. I would like to see this exhibit offer guests the opportunity to design a unique color with an option to swirl colors and add glitter for an extra sparkle. All in all I give Crayola Experience two cherries on top for being a great place to discover the magic, let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines, and to play, explore, and learn.
Like Olaf. we are really big fans of Summer. But the Florida heat can be too much to handle. If you are looking to stay cool…fashionably cool check out my Summer Favorites!
- Dole Whip Minnie Ears from Bibbidi Bobbidi Loot ($28): Just as delicious as they are sweet! Show off your favorite Disney treat with these adorable ears. Made of yellow and white yarn, a light weight headband for children of all ages (including the young at heart!) and adorned with a yellow bow topped with a pineapple (of course!) Sarah is an artisan with a great big Disney heart. She originally designed her ears to celebrate the best part of being a Disney Princess – Princess Hair! They are styled to look like swirled braided hair formed into Mouse Ears showing off your favorite Princess, Character, or Treat!
- Rapunzel Choker from Clarke’s Geek Bowtique ($8.01): Your princess will find happiness where the sun shines in this beautiful choker by Clarke’s Geek Bowtique. Inspired by our favorite Tangled princess it is designed with soft purple velvet and embellished with a delicate sun burst charm. Vikki, shop owner and designer is an aerial circus performer by day and by night you will find her delicately handcrafting jewelry and hair accessories for you! Another favorite from her shop is the Dole Whip Choker.
- Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Tee from Planet Orlando ($17.99) I scream, You Scream, We all scream for Mickey Ice Cream! Oh my Disney! With three scoops of ice cream and topped with the most magical mouse ears ever; this tee is naturally sweet! Also available in Donald Duck and Tangled flavors! Perfect for the whole family. We also love the Star Wars Mickey tee for boys!
- Animal Charm Bath Bomb from Georgia Charms ($5.25) Looking for a little R & R in between Disney Play Days? Just drop a Georgia Charms Bath Bomb into your warm bath water and enjoy! These bath bombs are full of luxurious fizz that give off lots of beautiful color, calming aromas, and a pinch of biodegradable sparkle. Each bath bomb comes with a surprise charm.
- Pink Lollipop Minnie Mouse Ears from Shiny Sky Rainbows ($34.99) Oh the good ship Lollipop; It’s a sweet trip to the Candy Shop. These ears are sugary sweet and are perfect for strolling along Main Street USA. Made with a hot pink and white satin ribbon swirled together they replicate the iconic swirl pops found in Magic Kingdom’s Confectionery.
Spooky Days are coming to Walt Disney World this September! Spooky Empire, the same company behind Orlando’s semi-annual horror conventions, has announced Spooky Days in the Parks as a two-day meet up event “for fans that have a ‘villainous’ side.” This first time event will take place on September 22-23. Come play in the parks dressed in your most frightful Disney Bound.
Need some inspiration? You could check out Pinterest for some “spooky” ideas. Or you can keep reading for visual inspiration from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel.
Kawaiian Pizza Apparel designs casual cosplay apparel for all your Disney Bounding needs. This Etsy shop offers Disney inspired leggings, shirts, tank tops, dresses, skirts, and so much more for Disney fans of all ages. All items are hand screened by two curious sisters with a big heart for Disney and style.
Pictured above is the Haunted Mansion Inspired Skater Dress, Kid’s Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired Disneybound Shirt, and Maleficent Inspired Skater Dress. Other designs are available and customized apparel is offered upon request.
Will we be at Spooky Days? YES!
What are we wearing? Great question! I am still conjuring up the perfect Disney Bound for my son and I. My daughter selected a dress from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel’s Ready to Ship section. She will Disney Bound as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Designed to mirror the intricate details of our favorite ragdoll. This Disney Bound is brightly colored, lightweight, and breathable; making it a great wear for the Florida heat. Slip on a pair of running shorts or leggings and transform this Disney Bound into the perfect run costume.
Kawaiian Pizza Apparel makes it so easy to Disney Bound in the parks. Thank you to Alec Dale for sending us this beautiful Sally inspired dress. I’m thinking I need to snag the Jack Skellington inspired shirt for my son. OHHHH My Disney and a Zero dress for me!!!