All-New Seine River Cruise Vacation Offers Engaging Roundtrip Sailings from Paris to Normandy; New Southern California Land Tour Provides the Ideal Sea Cruise Add-On
BURBANK, Calif. – Adventures by Disney, a leader in guided group travel worldwide, revealed today new cruise vacations for 2019, offering more European river cruise sailings than ever before, including all-new sailings down France’s Seine River. New Southern California land packages were also announced, which can be added on to 2018 Disney Cruise Line vacations setting sail from San Diego.
All-New European River Cruises on France’s Seine River
In 2019, Adventures by Disney guests will set sail on a record breaking 21 river cruise departures on three European rivers – the Danube, Rhine and, new for this year, the Seine River in France.
The new 10-day, 9-night Seine river cruise vacation combines two days exploring Paris on land, followed by eight days of cruising to picturesque French destinations such as Conflans, Vernon and more. Sailing with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line, the popular Adventures by Disney river cruises allow families to explore the heart of Europe in a way that’s active, immersive and easy.
Highlights of this new Seine River vacation include:
- Interactive culinary experiences, including a gourmet food tasting tour, regional wine and cheese sampling and hands-on macaron making demonstration.
- Guided tours of Paris icons, including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
- Active excursion options for the whole family, including biking, canoeing, horseback riding, a ropes course and hiking on the stunning cliffs of Etretat.
- Immersive local experiences, including a visit to Monet’s House and Gardens in Giverny, a hands-on painting workshop, an apple orchard visit with Calvados tastings and more.
- Enriching visit to the Normandy American Cemetery.
- Engaging castle tours and rich historical storytelling at Chateau de Bizy, Chateau Malmaison and Chateau Gaillard.
Adventures by Disney guests can also add on an extension package at Disneyland Paris Resort to complete their vacation.
This new Seine itinerary will include two Summer 2019 departures, offering enchanting activities for families, as well as two Fall 2019 epicurean sailings, which will be held exclusively for adults. The latter will offer a wide range of special food and wine themed experiences both on and off the ship.
“Adventures by Disney river cruising continues to be an immensely popular vacation option for families, as well as adults looking for an exhilarating and immeasurably charming way to experience the rich culture of Europe,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “In 2019, we’re thinking bigger, expanding our river cruise offerings to include more departures than ever before. With the addition of new sailings along the Seine River, our guests now have a wealth of new destinations and experiences to enjoy in one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world, France.”
Each Adventures by Disney river cruise sailing focuses on variety and flexibility, allowing travelers to customize their trip by choosing from a wealth of carefully curated activity options.
Popular Rhine and Danube River Cruises Return
Adventures by Disney will also offer a mix of family and adult-only departures of their popular Danube and Rhine river cruises in 2019.
Adventures by Disney Rhine river cruises give travelers the opportunity to delight in the beauty of four countries – France, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands. From riding a toboggan in the Black Forest to exploring the storybook Heidelberg Castle, these eight-day, seven-night vacations pair unforgettable adventures in port with luxurious river cruise accommodations and amenities onboard.
Eight summer departures in 2019 offer experiences designed with families in mind, while two adult-exclusive epicurean sailings will take place during the Fall, serving up extraordinary food and beverage experiences both on and off the ship.
Also in 2019, Adventures by Disney will offer seven departures of their Danube river cruise, including five family departures during the summer, a family holiday themed sailing in December and an adult-exclusive Oktoberfest-themed sailing in September. These eight-day, seven-night vacations will visit iconic locations and hidden gems in Germany, Austria and Hungary. Climb above the German treetops, try your hand at Austrian strudel making, stroll charming towns and villages, and more on these scenic adventures.
New 4-Day, 3-Night Southern California Adventure Offered in Conjunction with
Disney Cruise Line Sailings from San Diego
Adventures by Disney also launched a new four-day, three-night Southern California land tour that can be booked as a stand-alone vacation, or in conjunction with Disney Cruise Line sailings departing from the port of San Diego. This guided group vacation allows travelers to revel in a behind-the-scenes look at places where Disney magic is made, including rare private tours of The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering, VIP experiences at Disneyland Resort, an exclusive visit to Walt Disney’s Disneyland apartment, a sneak peek at props and costumes from beloved Disney films at the Disney Archives, and more.
This new Southern California Short Escape package is available on select dates in Spring and Fall 2018, making it an ideal pre-cruise option for Disney Cruise Line guests sailing during this time period.
Bookings for all of these new vacations open on Jan. 25, 2018. Email me at email@example.com to book your next Disney Adventure!
The World’s Largest Crayola Crayon – Bluetiful – Arrives in Orlando The 1,352-pound crayon makes its permanent home at Crayola Experience
ORLANDO – The world’s largest Crayola crayon, weighing in at 1,352 pounds and nearly 16 feet long, assumed permanent residence this morning at Crayola Experience Orlando. The family destination will celebrate the arrival with themed attractions, giveaways and a character meet-n-greet with Bluetiful herself.
Starting tomorrow and through Christmas Eve, the first 100 kids to visit the attraction will receive a free Bluetiful crayon, and all guests visiting on these days can:
- Name and wrap their own Bluetiful crayon at Wrap It Up!
- Color an exclusive Bluetiful coloring sheet at Colossal Caddy
- Meet-n-greet Bluetiful an 8-foot crayon character
All activities are included with general admission. Distribution of Bluetiful crayons will begin when the attraction opens at 10 a.m. All other activities will occur throughout normal operational hours.
The latest shade to join the Crayola family was announced at the Colorful World of Pigments event hosted at Oregon State University on May 5, 2017. The event was a celebration of YInMn blue and its impact on art, culture and industry. The new crayon shade was inspired by the YInMn pigment discovered in the laboratory of Oregon State Chemistry Professor Mas Subramanian.
Crayola received over 90,000 unique name submissions for the new blue crayon color and almost 400,000 consumers voted last summer to choose the final name for the new color. ‘Bluetiful’ was voted the winner and Crayola created the larger-than-life crayon to celebrate. The 1,352-pound, 15.6-foot crayon, was unveiled at the naming announcement in NYC in September.
Crayola Experience tickets are $19.99 online and $22.99 at the door. Kids under 3 are free. For tickets, hours and info, visit CrayolaExperience.com.
About Crayola Experience: Discover the magic of color at Crayola’s premier and one-of-a-kind family attraction Crayola Experience! Twenty-six hands-on attractions await families in Orlando, Fla. Bigger, brighter and bolder than ever, the colorful adventures of creativity and experience color in a whole new way. Also featuring live entertainment. Crayola Experience also has facilities in Easton, Pa – the birthplace of Crayola crayons – and at Mall of America. To learn more, visit CrayolaExperience.com.
Werewolves, witches and monsters – oh my! Spooky and colorful family fun awaits!
At Crayola Experience from October 7-31, you can create monster-rific crafts, snap spooktacular character photos, go on a themed scavenger hunt and trick or treat throughout the attraction!*
There is so much to BOO – you may never leave! All included with the price of admission.
*trick-or-treating on WEEKENDS only
Enter a world of color and magic at Crayola Experience Orlando located inside the Florida Mall; where indoor shopping and fun under the sun collide. Just past the Crayola store front ((where you can purchase the cutest Crayola Stuffies and other Crayola merchandise)) is the entrance to the Crayola Experience where you and your child can explore 26 different hands on attractions featuring your favorite Crayola colors!
Crayola Experience Orlando is one of Central Florida’s newest indoor attractions where you will find hours of fun for the entire family. Attractions include but not limited to:
- Be A Star: Kids can appear in their very own coloring page along with some of Crayola’s characters. Just like a real photobooth, making your own coloring page is as easy as pushing a button and posing. Say Macaroni & Cheese!
- Color Magic: Color a dragon or fairy and watch it come to life! Virtually control the character you just colored as it responds to your direction. See it play in a background of your choosing and don’t forget to take a selfie!
- Rainbow Rain: It’s raining, it’s pouring, this rainbow is never boring! In this interactive experience you’ll magically catch melting digital wax with your body and hands! Watch as your shadow shapes the brightly-colored droplets in this digital marvel that you control!
- Melt and Mold: Wouldn’t it be cool to create a ring, shark, car or seahorse souvenir out of crayon wax? Making one is simple at Melt & Mold! Just load your favorite crayon color into the machine and watch your crayon melt into a Crayola Experience keepsake!
- Drip Art: This is a new spin on a timeless classic! Load a fresh crayon into the Drip Art machine and watch it melt and drip crayon wax onto your paper as it spins (you control the speed) to create a swirly-whirly masterpiece.
- Meltdown: Welcome to an experience where you can take in the aroma of one of the world’s most recognizable scents. Use melted wax to paint in a whole new way! Choose from a variety of melted crayon colors to create wax art on paper.
- Rockin Paper: Bring your craft center stage in this multi-sensory experience that puts your art in the spotlight – literally! Watch as your personalized paper creation turns, bops and rocks to the music. It’s a new show every time!
- Wrap it Up: Cornflower, Atomic Tangerine, Purple Mountain’s Majesty, Shocking Pink…what’s your favorite Crayola color name? At Wrap It Up!, you can personalize and print an authentic Crayola crayon label, wrap it around your crayon, and create your own unique Crayola crayon! (cost: 1 token)
The Crayola Experience is fun for kids of all ages, just perfect for children ages 2-5. The highlight of our visit was WRAP IT UP. It was fun to come up with new names for classic colors we have grown to love. I would like to see this exhibit offer guests the opportunity to design a unique color with an option to swirl colors and add glitter for an extra sparkle. All in all I give Crayola Experience two cherries on top for being a great place to discover the magic, let your creativity run free, to color outside the lines, and to play, explore, and learn.
Looking for good eats and a striking time? Check out Splitsville Luxury Lanes at Disney Springs and get your family game on! Not your everyday bowling alley. With a mix of retro vibes and classy dining; Splitsville is redefining this popular sport. Grab your ball and let’s get rollin’.
It is recommended to reserve your lanes 24 hours in advance, especially if you have a large group. Spare me…Splitsville does offer walk in pricing, but this is not a guarantee. Lane usage is based on your party size to maximize your game and you will be pleased to know the shoe rental and bumpers are included.
Upon arrival you will check in at the front desk where you will provide names and shoes
sizes for all bowlers. Make sure to inform the cast member of any bowlers that would like to use bumpers. This information will be saved to their bowling profile. During the game the bumpers will set when the bowler’s profile requires them and drop when not needed. This is super cool! Everyone can bowl on the same lane and are accommodated as needed. Your shoes will then be placed in a basket and a cast member will guide your party to the assigned lane for your game. Take caution: the game time will already be ticking away so you may want to be fast on your feet and get your game shoes on.
Got the munchies? Splitsville is home to some of the most tantalizing “Alley Food” known to mankind. The unique menu offered is a blend of traditional and upscale offerings that will send your taste buds spinning. A few of my menu favorites include:
Splitsville’s mouth watering Filet Sliders
tangy California Crunch
and the Meat Lover’s Pizza all served fresh to your family lane. That’s right ya’ll…this ain’t your momma’s bowling alley! Don’t forget to get your drink on! Drink to your heaven’s content…I recommend the slushie in a souvenir cup!
My family and I had a fabulous time! There is so much family friendly fun going on it is hard not to. The staff is incredibly warmhearted and works hard to deliver the Disney Magic. It is just an awesome place to kick back and relax while getting a friendly game on. Thank you Splitsville for your hospitality and inviting our family to roll with ya!