Life is full of whimsical things…so shouldn’t your closet be too? Well, hot dog (said in my best Mickey Mouse voice), do I have a treat for you! Today I am featuring tee’s that will make your wardrobe squeal with delight. Whimysland Designs are the most magical tee’s in the kingdom and feature the art of shop owner, Tasha . Tasha is a student by day and artist by night. She enjoys creating whimsical tee shirt art inspired by all your Disney faves. From Churros to Disney Villains you will find the perfect tee’s to make your Disney Day the most perfect day!
All shirts are available online at Tee Public. Tee’s are available in crew neck and v neck styles.
This is Halloween! This is Halloween! Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!!!
So of course you need to dress up in the spookiest Minnie Ears that ever did bewitch the Kingdom!
Well, BOO to YOU! Here is this season’s most spine tingling (yet super cute) Minnie Ears from some of my favorite small shops on ETSY.
1. 3-D Spooky Web Minnie Ears from Space Travelears ($35.00): Get tangled up in the most magical spider webs ever spun. Designed with a flexible headband these ears are perfect for adults and children. Made with a filament on a 3-D printer the ears are light weight and incredibly sturdy. They will not bend! Toss them in your park bag or bump them when getting in or out of the car (like me…I do this all the time!) and the ear maintains its shape. Other designs available on Etsy. Stay tuned for a future post featuring The VHS and The Movies Minnie ears from Space Travelears.
2. Candy Pumpkin Ears from Shiny Sky Rainbows: Decadent and oh so sweet, these ears are the perfect treat! Made with purple and green satin ribbon swirled like a lollipop and topped off with two little pumpkins. Next shop opening: 10/21/2017
3. Halloween Mouse Ears from Pop Creative Designs ($18): These ears add a touch of pizazz to any Candy Witch Costume. Made with black and silver metallic spiderweb fabric and adorned with a sparkly orange bow. The ears are filled with polyfil for that soft yet firm Minnie ear shape.
4. Haunted Mansion Inspired Ears from Girl Power Creations: You may be a foolish mortal, but you will feel like lucky number one thousand. Because there is always room for one more! These ears are crafted with black and grey damask fabric; trimmed with black beads and finished with a ghostly green satin laced bow.
From our home to yours…Have a Ghastful Halloween!
I am so excited to share today’s feature with ya’ll. Simply because the world we live in can use a bit of boisterous jubilee. Allow me to introduce you to Cheery Human Studios; a lighthearted tee shop on ETSY that will make you grin from ear to ear. Kristina ((graphic designer and shop owner)) was raised in California by her mother and aunt in a quaint, yet very happy home. As a young girl she aspired to pursue a career in music; little did she know that one day she would warm the souls of the world through her art. Kristina’s designs are created with the intent to encourage others and spread happiness – because how can you not feel an abundance of joy when you see a magical fandom or cute kitty cat dubbed with a fantastical quote?
Kristina uses a variety of mediums when creating her hand drawn designs; such as markers, paint, and pen. She then digitizes the art making it easier to print. Her designs can be printed on just about anything- a keychain, makeup bag, pin, sticker or tee. Interested in a custom? Feel free to contact Kristina and she will happily design something unique just for you!
I just love the bright, bold illustrations and the sometimes sassy sayings. You just can’t help but squeal with glee when you read them. She also has a great Disney line available that is just perfect for any Disney Fan like myself. Check out the Daily Ghost Tours and Main Street Resident Tee’s.
I can’t help but feel joyous and bright when I wear her tee shirt designs. I adore the fact that I am spreading good cheer to others.
Cheery Human Studios is changing the world one smile at a time with style.
Like Olaf. we are really big fans of Summer. But the Florida heat can be too much to handle. If you are looking to stay cool…fashionably cool check out my Summer Favorites!
- Dole Whip Minnie Ears from Bibbidi Bobbidi Loot ($28): Just as delicious as they are sweet! Show off your favorite Disney treat with these adorable ears. Made of yellow and white yarn, a light weight headband for children of all ages (including the young at heart!) and adorned with a yellow bow topped with a pineapple (of course!) Sarah is an artisan with a great big Disney heart. She originally designed her ears to celebrate the best part of being a Disney Princess – Princess Hair! They are styled to look like swirled braided hair formed into Mouse Ears showing off your favorite Princess, Character, or Treat!
- Rapunzel Choker from Clarke’s Geek Bowtique ($8.01): Your princess will find happiness where the sun shines in this beautiful choker by Clarke’s Geek Bowtique. Inspired by our favorite Tangled princess it is designed with soft purple velvet and embellished with a delicate sun burst charm. Vikki, shop owner and designer is an aerial circus performer by day and by night you will find her delicately handcrafting jewelry and hair accessories for you! Another favorite from her shop is the Dole Whip Choker.
- Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Tee from Planet Orlando ($17.99) I scream, You Scream, We all scream for Mickey Ice Cream! Oh my Disney! With three scoops of ice cream and topped with the most magical mouse ears ever; this tee is naturally sweet! Also available in Donald Duck and Tangled flavors! Perfect for the whole family. We also love the Star Wars Mickey tee for boys!
- Animal Charm Bath Bomb from Georgia Charms ($5.25) Looking for a little R & R in between Disney Play Days? Just drop a Georgia Charms Bath Bomb into your warm bath water and enjoy! These bath bombs are full of luxurious fizz that give off lots of beautiful color, calming aromas, and a pinch of biodegradable sparkle. Each bath bomb comes with a surprise charm.
- Pink Lollipop Minnie Mouse Ears from Shiny Sky Rainbows ($34.99) Oh the good ship Lollipop; It’s a sweet trip to the Candy Shop. These ears are sugary sweet and are perfect for strolling along Main Street USA. Made with a hot pink and white satin ribbon swirled together they replicate the iconic swirl pops found in Magic Kingdom’s Confectionery.
Spooky Days are coming to Walt Disney World this September! Spooky Empire, the same company behind Orlando’s semi-annual horror conventions, has announced Spooky Days in the Parks as a two-day meet up event “for fans that have a ‘villainous’ side.” This first time event will take place on September 22-23. Come play in the parks dressed in your most frightful Disney Bound.
Need some inspiration? You could check out Pinterest for some “spooky” ideas. Or you can keep reading for visual inspiration from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel.
Kawaiian Pizza Apparel designs casual cosplay apparel for all your Disney Bounding needs. This Etsy shop offers Disney inspired leggings, shirts, tank tops, dresses, skirts, and so much more for Disney fans of all ages. All items are hand screened by two curious sisters with a big heart for Disney and style.
Pictured above is the Haunted Mansion Inspired Skater Dress, Kid’s Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired Disneybound Shirt, and Maleficent Inspired Skater Dress. Other designs are available and customized apparel is offered upon request.
Will we be at Spooky Days? YES!
What are we wearing? Great question! I am still conjuring up the perfect Disney Bound for my son and I. My daughter selected a dress from Kawaiian Pizza Apparel’s Ready to Ship section. She will Disney Bound as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Designed to mirror the intricate details of our favorite ragdoll. This Disney Bound is brightly colored, lightweight, and breathable; making it a great wear for the Florida heat. Slip on a pair of running shorts or leggings and transform this Disney Bound into the perfect run costume.
Kawaiian Pizza Apparel makes it so easy to Disney Bound in the parks. Thank you to Alec Dale for sending us this beautiful Sally inspired dress. I’m thinking I need to snag the Jack Skellington inspired shirt for my son. OHHHH My Disney and a Zero dress for me!!!
Smile Pretties! It is Friday and I am feeling fabulous and wish you love and happiness for your weekend adventures! If you are in the Orlando area you may want to find Adventure at Disney Springs for the Road to the Races tour where you can see Lightning McQueen and other Cars 3 stars. This event is scheduled through Sunday. Don’t worry if you are not able to attend you can still enjoy the event!!! I will go live on my Instagram this weekend while attending the event found on the Marketplace side. If you are following me on Instagram you will receive a notification when I go live and if you are not following me @forkandspoonley you really should hit that follow button. I will try to do more live feeds from the parks and when we are out and about as much as I can. If you would like more information about the Road to the Races tour you can find it here: Cars3tour. The tour is kicking off here in Orlando and making it’s way around the USA!
So, today I wanted to share with you a Disney Bounding look I put together for one of my favorite characters from Pixar’s movie INSIDE OUT. There is just so much to love about her. I just want to hug her and turn her blue into a new hue. SADNESS!
So here I am with @JulietTheFirst as “Joy and Sadness” as we took over headquarters. This was truly an emotional day.
Disney Bounding is tons of fun and acquires a lot of attention from cast members, characters, and other guests. Overall it adds to the magic of the day! So to complete this look you will need a blue wig, large-black circle glasses, blue dress with Peter Pan collar, nude colored flats, and blue lace peek a boo socks.
You can find the wig and dress on Amazon. To keep within the Disney Guidlines for dressing up in the park I chose to wear the dress vs the sweater and pants look that Sadness rocks so well. Simply because the wig and glasses really made the look.
Do you Disney Bound? Share your Dressed in Disney looks below!!! I would love some new inspiration. Also, if you would like to see me Disney Bound as a specific character around the parks post your suggestion in the comments.
When you wish upon a wire
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you
Have you ever wished upon a star with all your might only for your dreams to come true? How about wishing upon a wire? As mystical as it may seem, magical things are conjured when you Wish Upon a Wire. Anything your heart desires: Dole Whips, Mickey balloons, or Cinderella’s Castle- that’s right your dreams of the perfect Minnie ears have finally come true! Jen is the fantastical wizard behind the wire Minnie ears. She intricately designs and creates customized wire Minnie ears even the Blue Fairy fawns over.
There is nothing this gal cannot do! Even I tried to challenge Jen, but she is a true master of the art and the end result of my customized ears ruffled some feathers. Before I reveal the whimsical ears that were designed for me; I’d like to share the ordering process.
To start Jen asked me what theme I wanted. There was no doubt in my mind, I needed Dole Whip ears! So, I requested something with a Dole Whip on one side and anything magical on the other. I was very vague, simply because it was too hard to decide. I just love everything Jen creates. I feel like I need one of everything! It all started with an idea that turned into a sketch and finished with a little touch of pixie dust! Throughout the design process Jen would send me magic mail to my gmail inbox teasing my ever wishing heart with sneakie peeks.
The whole process was spellbounding. I felt connected to Jen and the fabrication of my ears. Ordering from Wish Upon a Wire is truly a unique experience I hope to endure again, and again in the future. Everything right down to the delivery of the finished product is simply MAHVELOUS! I was thrilled to receive my ears in tact and in perfect shape after shipping. Jen packaged the ears in bubble wrap and tissue paper which protected the shape of the ears. Wire ears are incredibly delicate making it it very easy for the ears to bend; so packaging is extremely important!
Jen’s design intermixed my love for Adventure, Dole Whips, and the Enchanted Tiki Room. I just couldn’t wait to take my ears on their first adventure…and when I did cast members and park guests couldn’t help but ask where I got my ears from. Wish Upon a Wire’s work is literally breathtaking. I had one park guest chase me down Main Street USA to inquire the craftsmanship of the ears and she could hardly catch her breath. The brightly colored flowers caught her eye, but when she saw the delicate wire work of Pierre and Collette she was amazed.
And you can be too! I have so many beautiful words for Jen and her wire talent. She is just the sweetest and her ears will bring so much added magic to your Disney Day. Check out Wish Upon a Wire on Instagram. Don’t forget to give this shop a follow to stay updated on new designs and the official store opening!
Forget the star, make your next Wish Upon a Wire